[Herddb-dev] Support not-null constraints

Amit Chavan achavan1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 08:11:25 CET 2019

I am working on this ticket Issue-125
<https://github.com/diennea/herddb/issues/125>. Couple of questions -
1. Currently ColumnTypes in herddb are part of the ColumnTypes class. I am
thinking of using an enum
E.g

public enum ColumnTypes {

    NULLABLE_STRING(0, "nullable string"),
    LONG(1, "long"),
    INTEGER(2, "integer"),
    NULLABLE_BYTEARRAY(3, "nullable bytearray"),
    NULLABLE_TIMESTAMP(4, "nullable timestamp"),

It breaks a lot of code which I am ok to fix. Want your opinion on this?

2. Do we want to add support for null constraints on integers, longs and
other data types. I have added support for string, byte array, timestamp.

3. Once I make changes I want to test if we enforce the not null
constraints in DDL queries. Any suggestions how to go about this?