[Herddb-dev] YCSB scripts

Enrico Olivelli eolivelli at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 08:48:23 CEST 2019

Amit
we have a bunch of scripts to run the tool in the 'ycsbrunner' folder.

This is what I usually do in dev environment (that's quite different from
what Hamado and Alessandro usually do while performing official benchmarks.

Build HerdDB from your branch,
unzip the herddb-services zip
configure conf/server.properties

Setup ycsb, just download the latest (non beta) version from github

cd ycsbrunner
./full-ycsb.sh /path/to/ycsd /path/to/herddb workloada

Where 'workloada' is the name of the workload you can find in directory
'workloads' of your ycsb installation directory

The script stops the server, cleans up the data directory, starts the
server, creates the 'usertable', runs ycsb 'load', runs ycsb 'run'

I hope that helps

It would be great to have an official 'binding' for herddb in ycsb but the
generic JDBC one is already good and expecially we can use it to compare
HerdDB with Mysql

Enrico